Saturday, April 07, 2012

Johnny Cash and June Carter: The Old Rugged Cross

Johnny Cash and June Carter were people of deep faith. On occasion they would warm-up audiences at Billy Graham religious revivals.

Today's Saturday Musical Selection is an Easter treat: Johnny and June performing 'The Old Rugged Cross' sometime (I think) in the 1980s at (I'm guessing) Rice Stadium in Houston before a Graham rally.


Happy Easter!

Related posts:

My Mississippi Manifest Destiny: Johnny Cash's boyhood home
Johnny Cash: The Ballad of Ira Hayes
Video: Johnny Cash sings about the Civil War
Johnny Cash: Battle Hymn of the Republic
Johnny Cash on the 1937 Mississippi River Flood: Five Feet High and Rising
Johnny Cash and Joni Mitchell: Girl from the North Country
Arlo Guthrie and Johnny Cash: Alice's Restaurant
Johnny Cash and June Carter: Jackson
Johnny Cash: Hurt
Johnny Cash: The Big Light
Johnny Cash - Ballad Of John Henry's Hammer
Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson: Sunday Morning Coming Down
Johnny Cash: Without Love

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

teriobrien said...

Thanks, Marathon, for posting this item. My grandmother used to sing this song to me when I was a small child. Beautiful!