DOWNERS GROVE — U.S. Senator Dick Durbin had a banner year in 2013 when it comes to blunders, according to U.S. Senate candidate Doug Truax. Because the news media usually gives the liberal Democrat attack dog the benefit of the doubt when it comes to ridiculous comments or actions, you may have missed some of these:Click here to "Like" the Truax Facebook page. To follow Truax on Twitter click here.
- Durbin repeated the same Politifact "Lie of the Year" about keeping your insurance under Obamacare.
- Our senior senator got caught trying to intimidate the First Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.
- Durbin spread a rumor about GOP leadership that proved to be false, then raised money off the lie and refused to apologize.
- Tricky Dick is always lurking in the weeds to push new tax increases.
- Durbin apparently doesn't understand the First Amendment applies to everyone, not just journalists.
- Mr. Durbin doesn't understand the Second Amendment either; believes gun ownership "is not an issue of Constitution." Durbin says driving hybrid cars prevents tornadoes.
- Durbin holds "Stand Your Ground" hearing and gets dressed down by Sen. Ted Cruz.
- Durbin inspires 10-part series on influential website Powerline titled, "Is Dick Durbin the Dumbest Democrat."
- Durbin's economic prescriptions continue to drive people out of Illinois.
To contribute to the Truax campaign, click here
Technorati tags gop republicans elections government democrat politics illinois politics Illinois chicago Durbin news politics health universal health care socialism obamacare law legal