Monday, November 08, 2010

Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: A final look

There over 30,000 runners completed last month's Bank of America Chicago Marathon on 10/10/10. Without a helicopter it's impossible to capture all of them in one photograph, but I got a lot of them in these four. The photograph on the left was taken on Columbus Drive, just a half-mile after the start. That's LaSalle Street, taken at Wacker Drive, on the top right.

And the next one down you'll find the Sears (I don't use the other name) Tower. You can see one of the spires of Old St. Patrick's Church as well. After running 21 consecutive marathons, I've learned where to take good photos. Such as the unlikely spot of Halsted near Cermak, the bottom pic.

Click on any image to make it larger.

Yesterday I ran for the first time since 10/10/10. It was my longest layoff since I began marathoning in 1990. A bad case of tendonitis almost prevented me from running the race. With rest, ice, and the amazing FlectorPatch. the tendinitis is almost healed, but I'm dealing with other leg soreness. I probably over-utilized some muscles to work around the pain.

It will be a tough road back--but I plan to run the Chicago Marathon next year.

Earlier posts:

Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Fun spectators
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Chinatown
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Pilsen and sponges
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: International runners
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Cancer runners
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: More charity runners
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Charity runners
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: I gotta pee
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Politics
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Boystown
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Saluting the troops
Miss Black Illinois completes Chicago Marathon
My 21st consecutive Chicago Marathon

No comments: