Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Boystown

One of the more, well, festive spots on the Chicago Marathon route is on Clark Street near Belmont. Mile 8 is in the heart of the city's gay area, popularly known as Boystown.

There's an aid station staffed by Frontrunners, a gay running club.

I'm not sure what the guys on the left are supposed to represent. But they were kind enough to pose for me.

On the right is a quasi-military group. If I ask I'm sure they would tell.

Related posts:

California Collision: The Castro
California Collision: Harvey Milk's Camera Shop

Earlier posts:

Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Saluting the troops
Miss Black Illinois completes Chicago Marathon
My 21st consecutive Chicago Marathon

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Mr. Right said...

John, the 2 guys on the left are supposed to be 2 gay "superheroes" from animated Saturday Night sketches in the early 90's about the "Ambiguously Gay Duo." And I really wish I didn't know that! Cheers!

Marathon Pundit said...

I'll keep that off the record...WAIT!!!