Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Cancer runners

Of the charity Chicago Marathon charity entrants, those running for cancer research dominate the pack. But the woman on the left, I guess she is running against cancer. I share her sentiment.

Bouts with cancer sometimes inspire people to run, such as the woman on the right, a cancer survivor who is raising money for leukemia research.

I won't go into details, but I had my first prostate exam last year. It went well enough that I didn't have to go through it this year. As for next year... The athlete on the lower right came all the way from Scotland to raise money to fight one of the most common cancers men face. It was a hot day, as his headscarf attests.

Next: More international runners.

Related post:

The Long Pink Line

Earlier posts:

Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: More charity runners
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Charity runners
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: I gotta pee
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Politics
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Boystown
Chicago Marathon 10/10/10: Saluting the troops
Miss Black Illinois completes Chicago Marathon
My 21st consecutive Chicago Marathon

Technorati tags:

No comments: