|Mississippi River in NW Illinois|
This morning's readers of the Quad City Times is the latest to weigh in on the side of Republican businessman Bruce Rauner.
From that QC Times endorsement:
Bruce Rauner's candidacy makes some Illinoisans nervous. The prospect of him in the governor’s mansion leaves some long-time Springfield power brokers absolutely apoplectic.Related posts:
To which we reply: Good.
Illinois requires the kind of shake up Rauner promises. Reform the state's awful, unfair education funding formulas. Slash the number of redundant local governments and departments. Revive redistricting reform trashed by House Speaker Michael Madigan. Cut spending. Raise some taxes.
- Daily Herald endorses Bruce Rauner for Illinois governor
- Rauner wins Crain's Chicago Business endorsement
- Chicago Tribune endorses Rauner for governor
- Chicago Sun-Times strongly endorses Rauner for governor: "We're all in"
- Belleville News-Democrat endorses Rauner for Illinois governor
- Peoria Journal Star endorses Rauner for governor
- News-Gazette endorses Rauner for Illinois governor
- Rauner gets State Journal-Register endorsement