Los Angeles' Petersen Automotive Museum is closed for rehabilitation. But it has transported many of its cars to the Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley for a months-long exhibit, Amazing Automobiles.
The vehicles are moving in at stages. The Hollywood Gallery cars are already there and that exhibit includes a 2001 custom Honda Roadster driven by Devon Aoki in 2 Fast, 2 Furious, a 1971 DeTomaso Pantera owned by Elvis Presley, which was "accessorized" by the King with three bullet holes, as well as the 1966 Ford Thunderbird driven by Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon in Thelma and Louise. (This the only way that Sarandon could be admitted into the Reagan museum.)
Coming next week is the Heads of State Gallery, where visitors will find a 1942 Lincoln ordered after Pearl Harbor that was the presidential limosouine for Franklin D. Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman, one of Pope John Paul II's Cadillacs, and Packard 8 once owned by Juan and Evita Peron.
At the end of January the historic cars arrive. One of them will be a 1981 gold-plated DeLorean DMC-12.
- (Photos) Morton Grove Classic Car Show 7/27/12
- (Photos) Morton Grove Classic Car Show 8/10/12
- (Photos) Morton Grove Classic Car Show 8/24/12
- (Photos) Morton Grove Classic Car Show 7/12/13
- (Photos) Morton Grove Classic Car Show 8/9/13
- (Photos) Morton Grove Classic Car Show 8/23/13
- (Photos) Tastee-Freez Palos Heights Classic Car Show 5/12/13
- (Photos) Palos Heights' Tastee Freez Cruise Night 8/18/13
- (Photos) 2013 Skokie Backlot Bash Classic Car Show