Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chicago Marathon almost sold out

The 2008 Chicago Marathon is close to reaching its registration capacity of 45,000 entrants. Never mind how I know...I know. I'm signed up, and for the 19th straight year, when the starting gun goes off, I'll be there.

Regular- Marathon Pundit readers will recall that last year's race was canceled after three-and-a-half-hours because of extreme heat, which led to empty water and Gatorade tables at marathon aid stations.

As I noted a few days after last year's race, Carey Pinkowksi, the event's long time executive director, who I know, is the right man to fix the problems from the 2007 edition.

The marathon has a new sponsor, the Bank of America, and the date of this year's race is October 12. Click here to register.

Related post:

A participant's view of the cancelled Chicago Marathon: UPDATED

Amazon special through April 18: Buy two Blu-ray discs, get one free

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Genevieve Netz said...

We will be cheering you on, John, though probably from a great distance. :)