Quinn dodged the question.
But the Chicago Democrat has already said he will go for a tax increase later this year. Four years ago on the last day of the lame duck session--with no Republican votes--Quinn's 67 percent "temporary" personal income tax hike passed through the General Assembly without a single vote to spare.
- Daily Herald endorses Bruce Rauner for Illinois governor
- Rauner wins Crain's Chicago Business endorsement
- Chicago Tribune endorses Rauner for governor
- Chicago Sun-Times strongly endorses Rauner for governor: "We're all in"
- Belleville News-Democrat endorses Rauner for Illinois governor
- Peoria Journal Star endorses Rauner for governor
- News-Gazette endorses Rauner for Illinois governor