On Sunday, about 50 yards from abandoned Chicago, North Shore, and Milwaukee tracks in Wilmette, a man named Dave pointed out an Indiana Harbor Belt caboose that is still an office, albeit for the Lake Avenue Lock-Up public storage facility.
- (Photo) Old Chicago and Northwestern rail bridge pilings
- (Photos) Abandoned suburban Chicago rail bridge with wooden pilings
- (Photos) Abandoned line: Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad and rails-to-trails
- (More photos) The abandoned Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad
- (Photo) Old railroad remnant in Skokie in the trees