Saturday, February 19, 2011

British ObamaCare update: Malnutrition and two deaths a day from thirst

Death panels or
starvation, dear?
Perhaps the "death panels" part of ObamaCare isn't so bad. I'd prefer Soylent Green euthanasia for myself over starvation or dying of thirst.

Britain's Mirror newspaper says 50,000 people die each year suffering from malnutrition while under the "care" of its government-run health care agency, the National Health Service. Two Britons suffering in NHS wards die of thirst every day.

One NHS nurse told the Mirror she is ashamed of her profession.

In a shocking case of neglect, an NHS nurse has revealed she felt ashamed of her profession after her own mother was left to die on a ward.

Frail pensioner Jean Dawson's weight plummeted by TWO STONE [28 pounds] in just six weeks, she was found crying out for water and was left in soiled sheets after she was admitted to Furness General Hospital in Barrow, Cumbria.

Harrowing images taken just days before she died were last night released by her daughter Julie Jones in order to reveal the extent of her decline.

Last night Julie said: "I've been a nurse all my life and after seeing the way my mother was treated I was utterly ashamed of my profession.
Earlier posts:

2010 British ObamaCare entries
2009 British ObamaCare entries

Technorati tags:

No comments: