Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tea Party Express IV comes to the Land of Lincoln

What, the Tea Party Express IV is coming to Illinois and I won't be there to greet it? It's with a heavy heart that I am missing it, but bills have to be paid. Once again, I have to remind people that I am not a full-time blogger--I have a regular job. I have tomorrow off--which I requested months ago. Little Marathon Pundit will be marching in her final school Halloween parade.

My friend Andrea Shea King, who is embedded with the freedom flotilla, met Kentucky US Senate candidate and tea party favorite Rand Paul at yesterday morning's Paducah event. Later in the day the buses continued their northward trek to St. Louis. Stix reports on that rally.Today's first TPX celebration will be at 9:00am at 801 East Sangamon Avenue in Springfield, near Oak Ridge Cemetery and Lincoln's Tomb. Frankfort, which is quite close to my hometown of Palos Heights, will host the bottom half of the Illinois twin bill--that rally will occur at 4:00pm at CD and ME Special Events.

Onetime Illinoisan ThirdWaveDave is constantly updating his blog with TPX news.

Click here to donate to the Tea Party Express.

Related posts:

Thirty hours in Lincoln's Springfield, Illinois

Book review: Andrew Ferguson's "Land of Lincoln: Adventures in Abe's America"

Technorati tags:

No comments: