Sunday, October 11, 2009

My 20th consecutive Chicago Marathon

When I ran my first Chicago Marathon in 1990, it was supposed to have been a one-shot. Early this afternoon I completed my 20th Chicago 26.2 mile race.

As has been the case of late, I didn't extensively train for this on, but I got a lot of great pictures for the blog.

My time? I don't know, the official finishing times won't be posted until this evening.

As for the picture on the left, yeah, they really were giving out beer. I should have asked, but I believe the generous folk were the Chicago chapter of the Hash House Harriers. As they have been in previous years, they set up camp on the Illinois Institute of Technology campus, just before the 23 mile mark.

No, I didn't have any beer. But I gave them a "thumbs up" for their philanthropic efforts and overall festiveness.

More posts later. Time to eat, then time for a nap.

Technorati tags:

No comments: