Friday, March 07, 2008

Cheney visits Great Lakes Naval Training Center


Besides serving their country, another reason sailors join the Navy, is of course to see the world, as the old recruiting posters use to boast.

But sailors first have to travel to Great Lakes Naval Training Center in North Chicago, the Navy's sole boot camp, which is almost 900 miles from the nearest drop of salt water.

The Navy figured out that Midwesterners had a natural attraction to their service, so in 1911, the base was opened to bring the sea to the Heartland. Nebraskan Richard Herbert Cheney, father of the vice president, was one of those sailors who began his Navy career in North Chicago.

Dick Cheney was visited Great Lakes Friday afternoon.

From the Daily Herald:

Knowing that he had a connection here through his father to this base really gives the recruits a purpose and boosts their morale," Chief Petty Officer Jason Donlea said. "Plus, it's reassuring to the morale of troops that the upper chain of command is watching over us."

Cheney spoke for 10 minutes inside a drill hall at the base on the importance of having men and women serve in the Navy.

He told them that each recruit should be filled with pride in their effort to become sailors and that hard work -- not luck -- is the reason America has not been hit by another terrorist strike since Sept. 11, 2001.

"I look at you with admiration, confidence and pride," Cheney said. "And I bring the great respect and good wishes of your commander in chief, President George W. Bush."

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DARRYL KINNEY 7301 98TH AVE
UNITD
KENOSHA.Wi. 53142 April 28,2008

MEMO ADDRESSED TO THE UNITED STATES SENATE

I am a citizen of the United States and have been addressing several Senators with the issues and problems to follow
including Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama as well as several others and will in the near future be speaking in front of
you all because of Americans being held hostage by Navy personnel from Great Lakes Navy base as well as by
veterans used to Stalk and intimidate by the abuse of Power of the IRS and the United States Dept. of Justice. I
have been taken out of and kept from employment by them as they attempt a hostile search for money, i have my
phones tapped and computer hacked by government personnel spending alot of government budget following me
everyday for at least 8 months, all my family and past associates has been paid by them to create some ftctious story
because of a conspiracy, initated by the FBI from Chicago and brought to Wisconsin. All of this is a clear violation of
my Civil Rights and also the rights of my daughter who has been questioned and harrassed at school by them, she
is 5 years old. I have had to replace my computer 3 times because they are camped upstairs and i listen to them thru
the vents as they call themselves strategizing but not very well if I hear your every attempt to play on American
citizens.My family has had their cars as well as i have tampered by them in and attempt to get us or me to spend
money, they have raised bills above normal, been in my garage leaving lights on in an order to do so stopped my
emails from reaching their intended destinations and faked as the recipient, they have acted as operators and
fake being the person I called on the other line, I have been told by the police that they would not do anything
because they know who it is which is fither showing the attempt to keep me hostage. I have filed lawsuits and will
continue because I believe even that was manipulated by them as everything and everyone else has been, I have
talked to the security chief after calling the Chief of Great Lakes Navybase, no cooperation, Bush is who I believe
brought this because of corrupt judges from Chicago, after I brought this out to officials. American citizens who are
not terrorist being treated as if they are, I say send some more troops to war since we have so many of them to follow
people around everyday, someone is reimbursing them for this large price tag of surviellance. I see the plan must
be to discredit or in gov. terms attempt to burn me or ruin my career because they have some corrupt people in
the government.
sincerly,
Darryl Kinney 7301 98th Ave. UnitD
Kenosha,WI 53142 262-237-1310