Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Marathon Pundit Exclusive: Waste pours into Chicago River


When I run from home, I travel parallel to the North Branch of the Chicago River. I've lived here for eight years, and in that time, I've seen just one fish--a carp as big as my arm.

But up until today I've never seen this...stuff...probably pretty nasty, that was pouring into the North Branch of the Chicago River at roughly 6700 Touhy Avenue in Niles.

Whatever it is, it can't be good for the fish of the North Branch of the Chicago River---that is, if there are any fish left.

If you are in the neighborhood this evening, the fluid is visible from the bridge adjacent to the running path. I ran past at about 2:40pm, and I took this photo about 45 minutes ago.

I notified the proper authorities.

Technorati tags:

No comments: