Friday, October 21, 2005

Ward Churchill quote from last night's DePaul speech

From Andrew Marcus' Mental Ward (Churchill) blog. Check out his photos, too.

If you feel especially free tonight, you probably don’t want to do anything – if you’re not, you’ve probably got motive to do something now, it’s on you to figure out what – I’m not your commanding general, Yes? Aside from which I’m not gonna stand here and commit sedition. ….. I’m not a terrorist and I’m not a seditionist – I’ll leave that to Thomas Jefferson and the other founding fathers, okay? (room laughter) All of whom would be sitting in Guantanamo Bay if they were running around now doing what they did then.

Ward Churchill October, 20, 2005, DePaul University

Andrew was another blogger I got to meet last night.

Maybe there really is a "vast right-wing conspiracy."

No comments: