Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ward Churchill at DePaul...."Illegal Immigration to America began in 1607"

That's what an attendee at the Ward Churchill DePaul speech told me the fraud Indian said tonight. There's a lot more to blog about, but I'm going to take it one step at a time.

I wasn't able to get into the meeting...I was close--ten feet from from Room 314 in DePaul's Student Activities Center.

I shouldn't feel bad. No media was allowed in. None. That's the way Ward wanted it. While I was being turned away, DePaul security also told a reporter from Loyola University's WLUW to leave. Visiting that station's web site, I'd think that this guy might've been very supportive of Ward Churchill.

The protest outside was entertaining. And I got to meet some people I've only spoken with on the phone or exchanged e-mails with from home. More on this later

There was a question and answer session, but that was a farce. One witness told me numerous questions, on 3 by 5 cards or something like that, were submitted to a moderator. That moderator chose the questions to ask the phony Native American.

So much for "free speech" at DePaul. The DePaul brass might call that a cheap-shot, but remember, Ward's been paid a large amount, estimated by some at $5,000, to speak at the school. As for the question-and-answer format: DePaul would probably respond, "That's the way Ward wanted it."

That's a feeble excuse. If DePaul's administration had any guts--and it's unlikely they do--they'd tell Churchill, "Hey Ward, you're getting paid several thousand dollars for 90 minutes of work. A lot of that money comes from student tuition dollars. Answer some damn questions directly from the audience! If you don't like it, then stay in Boulder and we'll keep that money."

But that makes too much sense.

No comments: