Wednesday, May 18, 2005

"Testicular virility" comment defended by Blagojevich

Okay, I'm not a prude, so the fact that the governor of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich, bragged about his" testicular virilitiy" isn't really a problem for me. But it is troubling that we have a governor who seemingly so dense that he think he can make quip like that and not having it offend people

I've learned, or I think I have, not to make comments that make myself look stupid. Blago needs to learn that lesson.

Here is Rod, courtesy of AP and ABC 7 Chicago, trying to spin himself out of this:

Governor Rod Blagojevich is defending his use of the phrase "testicular virility" to describe his determination to make tough decisions.

Blagojevich said today that the people of Illinois know what he meant. He calls it -- quote -- "baloney" to suggest the phrase excludes women or is inappropriate for a governor to use.

The Democratic governor says he used the phrase to mean political courage that both men and women can exhibit.

Couldn't he have just said "I've got guts?"

No comments: