Monday, March 26, 2012

Occupier stabbed over a camera, Occupy SF disowns suspect

Any occupiers here?
Occupy violence pops up again, this time in San Francisco.

From the San Francisco Chronicle:
An Occupy protester was hospitalized after he was stabbed in a fight in downtown San Francisco near the Federal Reserve Bank, police and activists with the group said today.

The protester was stabbed in the chest about 10:40 p.m. Sunday on the 100 block of Market Street while arguing with another man about the whereabouts of a camera, said police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza. He would not be more specific.
Unless it's so obvious that someone accused of a crime is an OWSer, the Occupy movement reflexively disowns any brute among them who commits a crime.

For the latest instance, I return to the same Chronicle article:
The man who stabbed him arrived at the camp only a day or two before the incident and was not a familiar face, said protester Debra Lujan.

"He was not an occupier," she said.
Ah...but he was with you, was he not, Occupy San Francisco?

He was in your camp but he was not an occupier.

Perhaps he was a '63' from the Alcatraz show...

Related posts:

Alcatraz season finale Monday; or will it be the series finale?

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what young folks call " snarky." That is, a mix of news, opinion, and sarcasm. However. it was not a very good one. The ending was not funny, it was obscure. I think you had to be older than me to get it, and I'm pushing fifty. Was it a movie? Who knows. No wonder you got no comments.
Young people have refined the art of snark until it, um, cuts like a sharp blade. If you are not in theire league, don't go there.
And FYI< the dude realy was not one of the regular occupyers.

Marathon Pundit said...

First of all, The chief reason I don't get as many comments as other blogs that share my (high) readership level is that I get my facts right. I care more about links for other blogs--which benefits my Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and that is why you found my post.

Secondly, it's been the M.O. of the Occupy movement to claim "He's not one of us" whenever one of their jackals get in trouble--which is quite often.

Let's assume that this guy was not an occupier. Were the over 7,000 occupiers arrested not part of the movement?

I am still awaiting that first Tea Party arrest.

As for blogs that get a lot of comments, usually what happens is that after the fifth comment or so, the conversation veers off topic and then the personal attacks ensue. I don't care to oversee reform school playground tussles.

Oh, thanks for the compliment regarding my age. In fact, I am older than you are. More intelligent and better looking as well, I am sure.

The arcane (to you) reference was to the season (and series) finale of the Alcatraz TV show that ran that same evening that this post went online. I used to regularly blog that TV program and the Alcatraz posts were among the most popular of my non-political entries.