Swimming pools are rare in Latvia, so on hot summer days the people of Kuldīga head to the rapid to cool off.
In the bottom photograph, you can get a better idea of the width of the rapid.
Click on any image to make it larger.
The top photograph was taken by Mrs. Marathon Pundit in July, Little Marathon Pundit took the second one. Pictured with Mrs. MP (right) is her best friend, Sandra Priedīte.
Upper Peninsula Upventure: Munising Falls
Upper Peninsula Upventure: Eagle River Falls
Upper Peninsula Upventure: Canyon Falls
Upper Peninsula Upventure: Agate Falls
California Collision: Bridalveil Fall
California Collision: Yosemite Falls
Iowa I Opener: Pikes Peak
- Twenty years ago today: Latvia's independence restored
- Rumbula: Latvia's Holocaust
- Salaspils concentration camp in Latvia
- Sece, Latvia's World War I German cemetery
- Two Russian army World War I pics
- Lutheran church in Sece, Latvia
- Twenty years ago: Latvia's Barricade Days
- Riga Doms and Latvia's Barricade Days
- Latvia 20 years after independence: Tearing down a Stučka statue
- 1990 bread line in Riga, Latvia
- Potato harvesting in Latvia in the early 1970s
- From the other side of the Iron Curtain: Gas mask drill in Latvia
- Vintage photo: Janis Ancīts of Latvia
- Latvian President Valdis Zatlers visits Chicago--with exclusive photo
- Riga's House of Blackheads
Technorati tags: Latvia Latvija europe europa international photography photo waterfall rivers