Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blago on stand: "I'm a f**king jerk"

Disgraced former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich testified at his own corruption trial; "I'm a f**cking jerk" were among admissions.

But the Chicago Democrat, who compared himself to Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King after his arrest, had some pleasant things to say too.

Blagojevich also recalled how his father, a Serbian immigrant who was a prisoner of war in a Nazi prison camp during World War II, instilled in him a love for the opportunity available to everyone in the United States.

"My dad always used to tell stories about what it was like in the old country," Blagojevich said, adding that his father "always had this tremendous appreciation for America."

"For better or worse, I think I picked up my dad's propensity to dream," Blagojevich said.
Among his dreams was his scheme to sell Barack Obama's Senate seat, federal prosecutors are arguing.

Related post:

Blago takes the stand in his corruption trial

Technorati tags:

No comments: