Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Keweenaw Peninsula's Obama stimulus "campaign sign"

Blogging from Munising, Michigan.

As I wrote yesterday, Michigan's Upper Peninsula has its own peninsula, the Keweenaw, where I spent much of yesterday and today.

It's the end of the line of a lot of roads, most notably US Route 41.

But that doesn't mean Barack Obama's economic stimulus 2012 reelection campaign hasn't overlooked this lonely piece of land. This one can be found on US 41, just outside of L'Anse.

However, I saw no work being done, nor was there evidence that any improvements, such as repaving or shoulder work had been done.

Worse...Do you remember yesterday's "Youper" post? Well it just so happens I drove on that portion of the road where your stimulus dollars are being spent.

And I saw...nothing.

Yet those two signs are there for a reason.

I'm on vacation, but when I get back, I'll try to ascertain why they are there.

Next: Harvey, Michigan's sign.

Related post:

Upper Peninsula of Michigan's Obama stimulus "campaign sign"

Technorati tags:

No comments: