Monday, August 24, 2009

Upper Peninsula of Michigan's Obama stimulus "campaign sign"

Blogging from Mohawk, Michigan.

I spent much of today traveling on the well-maintained roads of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. And you know, just when I thought, "Man, I guess I won't see any of those Obama economic stimulus 2012 reelection campaign signs."

And sure enough, I encountered the one in the picture, on US Route 141 east of Covington.

I turned off of that road, and headed north on US Route 41, the work--whatever it was--is something I didn't see.

As long as were on the subject of the stimulus, the New York Post found some titillating research that is part of that $787 boondoggle:

* Examine "barriers to correct condom use" at Indiana University, at a cost of $221,000.

* Study "hookups" among adolescents at Syracuse University. Study's cost: $219,000.

* Evaluate "drug use as a sex enhancer" in an analysis of "high-risk community sex networks" at the University of Illinois, Chicago. That study will cost $123,000.

* Study how methamphetamine, thought to produce an "insatiable need" for sex among users, "enhances the motivation for female rat sexual behavior." Some $28,000 has been awarded for the University of Maryland at Baltimore study.

Related post:

Steyn on the Obama signs

Technorati tags:

No comments: