Monday, August 24, 2009

Copper Harbor sunset

Blogging from Mohawk, Michigan.

Until this morning, I had never set my eyes upon Lake Superior. Like many people, my mental vision of the inland sea (It's not really a lake) is colored by the Gordon Lightfoot song, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

On this evening, "Gitchee Gumee" couldn't sink anything.

Copper Harbor is as the end of the Keweenaw Peninsula, which of course is part of Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Pretty sunset, isn't it?

Technorati tags:

6 comments:

Greybeard said...

"It's not really a lake."
Interesting comment. Puzzled, I took a quick look at definitions and found "An inland body of fresh or salt water."
Flesh out your comment and educate me John.

Marathon Pundit said...

Some people think really big lakes are inland seas.

Jim Roper said...

Have you taken the Brockway
mountain drive yet John?

Marathon Pundit said...

I took that route yesterday, although I was unaware of its name until you left this comment.

I took US 41 back, which was a mistake...dark, curvy, and deer everywhere.

Luckily nothing bad happened.

CJ said...

So, what'd you think of the record snowfall marker on the side of the road?

cjh

Marathon Pundit said...

I liked that sign...but it was a bit dark to take a photo of it.