Thursday, November 28, 2019

(Photos) 2019 Long Grove Turkey Trot

I ran another race today, the Long Grove Turkey Trot. There were two competitions, a 5 kilometer run and an 8K. I entered the latter.


Long Grove is a town in Lake County, Illinois with lots of little shops and boutiques. In the old town many of the buildings are in the style of what you'd expect in the late 19th century small town in the Midwest.


That's me, in orange, next to the runner in the neon green. Here's tip if you want to be spotted by a loved one in a race--wear bright colors.

All photographs for this blog entry were taken by Mrs. Marathon Pundit.


Or, if you want to noticed by everyone, wear an outlandish outfit, such as a skirt with autumn colors and a roasted turkey hat.


I remember these paper turkey plumage table displays from my youth.


Free beer at mile one!


Start them running young.


It appears that I was Photoshopped into this picture. I was not.


Well, hello there!


What did I say about being noticed?


Let's hear it for the Trot Squad.


Our Wyoming pilgrim.


Other than Independence Day, Thanksgiving is the most American of major holidays.


All good runs--whether 5 kilometers long or 8 kilometers--come to an end.


Another successful race for me--third in my age group!

No comments: