Friday, March 02, 2018

Trump Highway in Utah?

Normally I oppose naming things, buildings and the like, after living people. But the annoyance factor will be so high with leftists, I have to throw my support on this idea, which involves a road I've driven on.

From the Deseret News:
A state lawmaker known for fighting the federal government over public lands wants to rename a southern Utah highway after President Donald Trump.

Rep. Mike Noel, R-Kanab, introduced a bill Thursday that would rename a route winding through some of the state's most spectacular scenery "Donald J. Trump Utah National Parks Highway."

Noel sees the designation as a thank you to the president for shrinking the Grand-Staircase-Escalante National Monument, something he said other presidents wouldn't do over the years.

"Just for me personally, he’s one of my heroes that he stood up and did this," Noel said. "I know people have a lot of negative things to say about him. Nobody’s perfect. I’m not dwelling on those things. I dwell on the things he’s done for my state and my constituents."

No comments: