Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Oh, Wobegon is me! Garrison Keillor fired over sexual harassment claim

Imagine if NPR leftist Garrison Keillor's bucolic Lake Wobegon, Minnesota was real. And think of how the strait-laced Scandahoovian denizens who show up to work on time every day and who go to church every Sunday morning would think if Keillor walked into their town.

They'd shun him.They'd run away from him as if he was a week-old unrefrigerated hotdish.

From Fox News:
Following the announcement that Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) was terminating all contracts with famed host Garrison Keillor over sexual misconduct allegations, Keillor revealed Wednesday that he put his hand up a woman;s shirt – but that she forgave him after he apologized.

The 75-year-old host of shows like "A Prairie Home Companion" and "The Writer’s Almanac" released a statement addressing the accusations just after sharing details to the Minneapolis Star Tribune about his alleged misconduct.

"I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches,” he told the outlet in an email Monday. “She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”

In a more official statement on the matter, Keillor avoided directly apologizing to the woman in question. Instead, he opted for more of a farewell to the business.
"Well, that's the news from Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average."

And where Keillor can't keep his hands to himself.


1 comment:

Bucky said...

What Keillor meant to say: "... where all the women want me, they know they do, no matter how much they say no, they want me ...".