Saturday, May 20, 2017

Meat Loaf: Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

Todd Rundgren was in the news this week when his comments about President Donald J. Trump were published.

"If I had the power, I'd say: If you"re a Trump supporter," Rundgren said, "don't come to my show, because you won’t have a good time."

I had a fabulous time the time I saw Rundgren, who was quite popular in the Chicago area, when he performed in the mid-1980s across the border in Northwest Indiana.

Does Rundgren deserve more attention? Probably not. But he's going to get it.

"Runt" is also a gifted producer. By far is most popular production work was Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell. The Wagnerian Rock classic is one of the best-selling musical efforts ever. But Rundgren sold the production royalties for it to buy a house in Hawaii. So if you buy this Meat Loaf album or download it, Rundgren gets nothing.

Meanwhile, watch the Loaf belt out a hit single from that work, "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad."



No comments: