Saturday, July 23, 2016

(Video) Styx: Caught in the Act

Earlier this week, after two month respite, I posted my first Chicago urban exploration entry in two months, this one was about Roseland, the Far South Side Chicago neighborhood where I spent my early childhood.

Styx, one of the biggest rock bands to come out of Chicago, emerged from Roseland. Outside of its late drummer, John Panozzo, who would occasionally drop in on friends in Palos Heights who lived across the street from a pal of mine, I never met any of the members of the band.

Every Saturday I post a musical entry. I'm going to deviate a bit for some 1980s kitsch, the Styx two-part video of Caught in the Act, which was shown before its concerts during the band's tour to promote its album, Kilroy Was Here.

The synthesizer-infused work was largely a project of its de facto leader, Dennis DeYoung. The band broke up after "Kilroy," but reformed later--without DeYoung.

Here is part one:


Followed by part two:


In this last one, DeYoung sings "Mr. Roboto."

DeYoung plays Kilroy, Robert Orin Charles Kilroy, R.O.C.K, get it?

What did I say about kitsch?

Related post:

(Photos) Abandoned homes of Chicago's violent Roseland neighborhood and my look back

No comments: