Wednesday, April 27, 2016

No jail for Hastert: Two years of supervised release--CORRECTED

Breaking news out of Chicago.

From CLTV:
Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert on Wednesday was sentenced to two years of supervised release in a hush money case that revealed he was being accused of sexually abusing young boys as a teacher in Illinois.

Judge Thomas M. Durkin of the Northern District of Illinois also stated that Hastert should participate in a sex offender treatment program.

"I'm deeply ashamed to be standing before you here today," Hastert said in court during his sentencing. "I know I'm here because I mistreated some of my athletes as a coach."
Hastert arrived to his sentencing in a wheelchair. He can ditch it now.

UPDATE 1:30pm: He may need that wheelchair after all. Hastert has been sentenced to 15 months in prison.

No comments: