What a crock of hooey. That comment, from the candidate who has run negative ad after negative ad against Rauner, is an insult to the remaining decent people who live in Illinois. Why? Because Quinn's record, which includes shepherding the nation's worst-funded public pension system, over $4 billion in overdue bills, high unemployment, scandals, and the nation's worst credit rating, is so abysmal that of course the lifetime pol can't tout his achievements. There are none.
Quinn in this race has done everything but compare Rauner to Mr. Burns, the evil rich guy on The Simpsons.
Wait, I'm wrong. Quinn's campaign did that. Twice.
As for Rauner, all but a couple of hopelessly partisan Illinois newspapers have endorsed Rauner's effort to unseat the inept Quinn.
- Daily Herald endorses Bruce Rauner for Illinois governor
- Rauner wins Crain's Chicago Business endorsement
- Chicago Tribune endorses Rauner for governor
- Chicago Sun-Times strongly endorses Rauner for governor: "We're all in"
- Belleville News-Democrat endorses Rauner for Illinois governor
- Peoria Journal Star endorses Rauner for governor
- News-Gazette endorses Rauner for Illinois governor
- Rauner gets State Journal-Register endorsement
- Quad City Times endorses Rauner
- Decatur Herald-Review backs Rauner for governor