From Sauk Valley.com:
Rita Crundwell doesn't think her pension funds should be part of a court-ordered repayment of the nearly $54 million she stole from the city of Dixon.The word chutzpah comes to mind here. By law her pension should have been forfeited after she pleaded guilty to her egregious theft.
Motions will be presented next week in federal court regarding the inclusion of the former Dixon comptroller's pension funds in her court-ordered restitution to the city.
Crundwell, who was arrested in April 2012 and later convicted of stealing $53.7 million from the city over 2 decades, sent a letter to the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. State's Attorney's Office on Aug. 30.
"I wish to object to the inclusion of these funds in the judgment," she said in the letter from a federal prison in Waseca, Minnesota. "I feel these funds should be exempt."
- Ronald Reagan Trail: Dixon
- Ronald Reagan Trail: Lowell Park and 78 lives saved
- Marathon Pundit's Ronald Reagan Trail
- Midwestern Presidential Pathway: Dixon, a shining city upon a hill
- Midwestern Presidential Pathway: Ronald Reagan's Dixon, Illinois
- Ike, the military truck convoy, the Lincoln Highway, and Dixon, Illinois
- The only statue of Lincoln in military dress is in Dixon, Illinois
- New Reagan statue in Dixon, Illinois
- On this day 155 years ago: Lincoln campaigns for Frémont in Dixon, IL