Sunday, June 30, 2013

The War on Plastic Bags: Chicago Front

Watch out for that pothole!
Via Naked DC, I came across a blog from an environmental extremist group, the National Resources Defense Council. On it, there is a blog post entitled, "Ban da bag." I am a fifth generation Chicago area resident, almost all of my very large extended family lives here. And do you know what? None of them talks like the SNL "Superfan" characters.

By misinterpreting a Chicago Sun-Times headline, the NRDC blog says that there is "broad support" for a plastic bag ban in the city.

Wrong. However, if plastic bags are banned in Chicago, I believe there will be broad support to bring them back.

I work on Chicago's North Side and most of my client base lives in the city. They care most about: Cutting taxes, improving crappy schools, fighting crime, and repairing pockmarked and warped streets. What's easier? Fixing these problems or banning plastic bags? That is what Ald. Proco "Joe" Moreno (1st Ward) is trying to achieve in the Chicago City Council. If that name sounds familiar, he's the alderman who made a national name for himself with his battles with Chick-fil-A over gay marriage.

I will think about that and plastic bags if my car breaks an axle on a Chicago pothole.

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

plastic injection moulding NSW said...

Interesting read! Thank you for the great info. Nice share!