Reagan broached many topics--arms control among them.
But family matters came up too.
"I know that in the Soviet Union, as it is all around the world, this is a season of hope and expectation, a time for family to gather, a time for prayer, a time to think about peace," Reagan said. "That's true in America, too. At this time of year, Americans travel across the country -- in their cars, by train, or by airplane -- to be together with their families. Many Americans, of course, came to the United States from other countries, and at this time of year, they look forward to hosting friends and family from their homelands."
- Sign the White House petition to save the Chicago Reagan apartment
- Save the Chicago Reagan apartment from destruction
- Ronald Reagan Trail: Chicago and the likely demolition of the Reagan apartment
- Save the Chicago Reagan Apartment Facebook page launches
- Marathon Pundit's Ronald Reagan Trail