Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Kinks: Misfits

As I did last week, I'm utilizing my Saturday Musical Selection as commentary on the Election Day debacle for conservatives. And as I've so often done on Marathon Pundit--I'm turning my attention to Ray Davies and the Kinks.

Watch as they perform the angelic title track from their underrated 1978 album Misfits.

Conservatives aren't really misfits. But I can't blame our side for thinking that we are.
You say your summer has gone
Now the winter is crawlin' in
They say that even in your day
Somehow you never could quite fit in
Though it's cold outside
I know the summer's gonna come again
Because you know what they say
Every dog has his day


We'll be back, my friends. Summer's going to come again.

Related post:

The Rainmakers: Government Cheese

No comments: