Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Santorum double play: Mississippi and Alabama

Natchez Trace Parkway,
Natchez, Mississippi
Rick Santorum had a successful southern Tuesday--winning the Mississippi and Alabama primaries. The finishing order was the same in both states--Gingrich second, Romney third, and Ron Paul last.

Gingrich didn't lose by much--but he really needed wins to reestablish himself as an alternative to Romney.

The show moves travels up Interstate 55 to Illinois. Gingrich will hold a rally in Rosemont this afternoon--I will be there. Later in the day and tomorrow Newt has additional appearances--all in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Santorum will speak in Arlington Heights on Friday. I hope to attend that one.

Ron Paul will speak at my alma mater today, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Romney has some downstate events early next week.

These things change, so don't view me--on this subject only--as the final authority. For instance, the Santorum rally in Arlington Heights was originally scheduled to take place in Niles--just a few miles from my home. I preferred the first location.

No comments: