Monday, February 20, 2012

Exclusive Marathon Pundit video: White ooze in the Chicago River

For the second time in five years while running on the North Branch Trail, I saw a white ooze pouring into the North Branch of the Chicago River. Watch the exclusive Marathon Pundit video:


Good Lord, what is that stuff?

Hey, just because I'm against cap and trade and other environmental overreach that does not mean that I want unnatural fluids pouring into our rivers.

Oh, here's a photographic view from another angle:


UPDATE February 24: "It looks like someone poured some white--or very light--latex paint into an upstream storm sewer," a representative from the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District informed me in a voice mail message. I called their tip line a call of days earlier.

Related 2007 post:

Marathon Pundit Exclusive: Waste pours into Chicago River

Technorati tags:

No comments: