Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Palin in Iowa; my 2010 Pella posts

Pella Opera House,
August 2010
Sarah Palin was in Pella, Iowa this evening for the world premiere of The Undefeated, a documentary about the former Alaska governor.

Kathryn Stinson of the Des Moines Register's 2012 Iowa Caucuses Blog was there and captured these comments: "Pella is beautiful, I love the history here, love the wonderful people; the gift of hospitality that so many of them have really exemplified is appreciated," she said. "Todd and I feel really welcome. We are happy to be here."

Palin still is not ready to declare her 2012 presidential aspirations.

The premiere was held in Pella's 110 year-old opera house.

Below you will find my 2010 Pella posts. And yes, Wyatt Earp really did live in Pella. John Wayne, as we all know now, was born in Winterset.

UPDATE June 29:

My good friend Anne Leary says you can vote to get The Undefeated screened near where you live. Another friend of my, Fran Eaton, saw the movie at RightOnline last week. Read her review here.

Warner Todd Huston interviews the director of the film. Watch here.

Related posts:

Iowa I Opener: Pella
Iowa I Opener: Wyatt Earp
Iowa I Opener: John Wayne's birthplace

Technorati tags:

No comments: