Monday, June 20, 2011

Movie being filmed in Skokie, "The Rubbish Kids"

Last Sunday I was running through Skokie's Harms Woods and I noticed a sign that a movie, The Rubbish Kids, was being filmed. The movie is described as "a post-apocalyptic fairy tale about five kids outrunning the evil threat that hunts them: the Garbage Man."

I chose not to post my sighting right away--I wanted to let the director and the actors do their jobs without curiosity-seekers pestering them. I didn't get close enough for a close inspection, but I believe the cameras are in the duck-blind shelter, which was placed about twenty yards from the North Branch of the Chicago River.

But perhaps I should have posted earlier, the movie is now in the post-production phase, according to its Facebook page.

Technorati tags:

Skokie Illinois Greetings (Front) T-Shirt

No comments: