Thursday, June 23, 2011

Brownout in Morton Grove and my run through a violent storm

Tuesday night violent thunderstorms swept through the Chicago area, the northern suburbs were the hardest hit. Much of the area is without power, and my Morton Grove home is suffering the effects of a brownout. My router works, but my desktop computer doesn't--and I'm unable to charge my laptop. Needles to say, blogging will be on the light side today.

I knew the storm was coming that night--I chose to go running anyway. When the winds hit--I was on the running path in Niles' Bunker Hill Woods. The gusts were so strong I thought the trees would snap in half--the rain was coming down so hard it looked as though it was emerging from the asphalt. It was surreal. I quickly left the woods, took shelter under the stairway of a retirement home, and awaited calmer weather. On my way home I ran past countless downed trees and fallen branches--some of them quite large. Being the good citizen I am, I pulled the smaller branches off the streets.

Related posts:

Blizzard 2011 photos, Morton Grove, Illinois
More Morton Grove 2011 blizzard pics

Technorati tags:

No comments: