Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Civility? Univ of Iowa professor replies "F*ck you" to email about Conservative Coming Out Week

From the second time in three days, there is a lack-of-civility lesson with ties to Iowa. In Monday's post, Des Moines' Koch Brothers office supply business, which has nothing to do with Koch Industries, received a death threat from a California man.

Here's something I didn't know: It is Conservative Coming Out week at the University of Iowa, which the College Republicans announced in an email blast to every university email account.

Ellen Lewin, who is an anthropology, gender, women, and sexuality studies professor at the U of I, quickly replied, "F*ck you Republicans."

The group sought and received a prompt apology from Dr. Lewin.

But if I pulled a stunt like that at my job, I'd be gone within minutes.

The Des Moines Register has posted the entire email chain.

Related posts:

Mistaken identity: Iowa Koch Brothers business receives death threat

Marathon Pundit's Iowa I Opener

Technorati tags:

No comments: