Friday, February 11, 2011

Ron Paul packs the house at CPAC

Ron Paul supporters packing the house
Blogging from CPAC in Washington.

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas just concluded his CPAC speech. I'm in the bloggers' lounge, and overflow seating was utilized in a balcony--the bloggers' balcony, I'd like to add--to accomodate the supporters of the libertarian favorite. The Paulites, most of them college students, are on the right. An exhibit hall one floor below me also handed the influx. These people will undoubtedly stuff the ballot box in the CPAC 2012 presidential straw poll that closes in 15 minutes--look for a Paul victory.

Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, whose marijuana decriminalization stance is popular among the same group--spoke here this morning, but I didn't catch his address.

Paul got off some good lines that I agree with such as "We need to do a lot less a lot sooner."

The way business is conducted in Washington doesn't please Paul. As for bipartisanship, he views the two major parties as co-conspirators--"We've had way too much bipartisanship for 60 years."

He ended by declaring, "Defend liberty."

Paul has a few good ideas--but the cultishness of his supporters is creepy. Sorry followers, Donald Trump is right, "Ron Paul cannot get elected, I'm sorry my folks."

Related post:

Donald Trump wows crowd at CPAC

Technorati tags:

No comments: