Friday, January 28, 2011

New Rahm radio ad, "By My Side," features Obama praising him

President Obama is the central character in the latest Rahm Emanuel radio ad. Obama has not made an endorsement in the race, but I would think that the president would have approved the use of his voice for the ad.

I'm wondering what the other candidates for mayor of Chicago--all of them are Democrats--think about this commercial.



Obama: When I first started assembling this administration, I knew we were about to face some of the most difficult years this country has seen in generations.

Voiceover: President Barack Obama, last year.

Obama: I needed somebody at my side who I could count on to help get the job done. There was no candidate for the job of chief of staff who would meet the bill as well as Rahm Emanuel. And that's why I told him he had no choice in the matter. He was not allowed to say "no". (Audience laughter.) This was a great sacrifice for Rahm, Amy and the family, to move out here. He has been a great friend of mine. He has been a selfless public servant, he has been an outstanding chief of staff.

Voiceover: Rahm Emanuel

Rahm: Thank you Mr. President, for your warm friendship, your confidence and the opportunity to serve you and our country. I give you my word that even as I leave the White House I will never leave that spirit of service behind.

Voiceover: Paid for by Chicago for Rahm Emanuel.
Hat tip to Capitol Fax.

Technorati tags:

No comments: