Friday, November 05, 2010

Obama to America: You are not as smart as I am

President Obama is clearly in denial about why his party was stomped on Tuesday by the American voters. A poor economy probably made worse by his policies compelled voters to throw the bums out. Americans do not want more bailouts or stimulus spending, they don't like ObamaCare, and they detest cap and trade.

Voters acted rationally and correctly. We are not Europe.

But liberals don't see it that way. Unless a liberal knows I'm a conservative blogger, any discussion on an issue that I have with a lib, such as ObamaCare, typically ends with the liberal scolding me, "But you just don't understand the issue...it's too complex."

Too complex for me, they argue. In short, the lib is smarter than I am. 

By the way, my British ObamaCare series shows how wrong they are on government-run health care.

Barack Obama, the most liberal president in history, although he probably prefers the vacuous term progressive--who is against progress?--is cut from the same cloth as other libs.

Check out how he explained the Democratic drubbing to Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes. You see, he didn't sell the importance of his expensive and unpopular programs.

I think that's a fair argument. I think that, over the course of two years we were so busy and so foused on getting a bunch of stuff done that, we stopped paying attention to the fact that leadership isn't just legislation. That it's a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone.
You see, Obama and the Democrats didn't present it properly to the Homer Simpson types. You know, the morons who voted for the GOP. People like me. Perhaps they should have used "Schoolhouse Rock"to explain it.

Obama is just so much smarter than us.
But if that is true, why didn't he see the Republican rebuke a year ago?

Technorati tags:

No comments: