Saturday, September 11, 2010

Phelps' church burns Koran, US flag

I don't believe they got the amount of attention they had hoped for--Yes, I'm aware I'm adding some--but the Topeka Capital-Journal is reporting that members of Fred Phelps whacked-out Westboro Baptist Church burned a Koran and an American flag in a pit inside the groups compound--safely behind a wrought-iron fence.

Besides Westboro's congregation, which is only consists of a couple of extended families, there were a few counter protesers--and not much media presence. The Capital-Journal says besides itself, only a couple of local television stations covered the burning.

Phelps' daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper, an attorney who often speaks for the church, called the event, "Awesome." I'm sure daddy is proud.

Related post:

Repost: My Kansas Kronikles: Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church

Technorati tags:

No comments: