Saturday, July 31, 2010

GOP candidate Joel Pollak to host town hall meeting on economy in Skokie Aug. 12

Jobs and the economy are the two major issues this year--which is as it should be. Joel Pollak, the Republican nominee for Illinois' 9th congressional district will be holding a forum on both in August. From a campaign press release:

The Pollak for Congress campaign will host its first "Town Hall Meeting" on the economic situation in the 9th congressional district on August 12th, 2010 at 7:00 PM at the Holiday Inn on 5300 West Touhy Avenue in Skokie.

"I believe the role of a member of Congress is to represent the district to Washington, not Washington to the district," said Joel Pollak, GOP nominee for the 9th congressional seat. "Since my opponent took office, the Chicago area has lost jobs while the rest of America has gained jobs, however modestly. She wants to borrow, spend, and tax. That is not going to create jobs here or anywhere else. We need a fresh start!"

"I look forward to sharing my ideas with residents of the 9th district, and learning more about what the people of our community would like Congress to do."
I'm not sure what my work schedule looks like that day, but I will try to make it there.

Technorati tags:

No comments: