Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Ill. GOP guv race: AP reports 100 percent of vote counted, Brady leads by 406 votes

Although the Republican candidate I backed did not win, I view this as good news. Conservative state Senator Bill Brady leads fellow chamber member Kirk Dillard by 406 votes.

Not surprisingly, Dillard has different numbers; the man who appeared in a Barack Obama TV ad says his tally shows only a 115 vote discrepancy.

There are still some absentee ballots that have yet to be counted, plus a few provisionals (probably not that many, after all, turnout was only 26 percent), so Brady shouldn't pop open the champagne just yet.

But it's okay to put a bottle in the refrigerator.

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Levois said...

If I had voted in the Republican primary not sure I would've voted for Brady, but I did follow him during his run in 2006. I had other choices in mind this time around for 2010, but I just knew that I couldn't vote for Pat Quinn. Well let's see how 2010 will shape up! May well just cross vote this year.