Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kirk Dillard misrepresents John Kass support

Chicago Tribune columnist John Kass is treating each of the nine candidates for Illinois governor for a meal at a Chicago restaurant. Yesterday he wrote about his lunch at Ditka's with state Sen. Bill Brady (R-Bloomington).

But Kass managed to get in a chomp at Kirk Dillard, who appeared in a Barack Obama campaign commercial last year. Yes, he's a Republican.

But at least one of the candidates is using one of the columns to suggest I've endorsed him: State Sen. Kirk Dillard, the Republican from Hinsdale, caught a headline that said "Dillard a rare find in Illinois politics." The headline was about our steaks, not his politics, but my army of spies tells me he's been repeatedly mentioning "Kass says I'm a rare find!" at candidate forums, as if I'm in his corner.

Endorsements aren't my job. And politicians savvy enough to run for governor know that we don't write the headlines over our columns. So if I were Dillard, I wouldn't play such lawyerly word games. I told this to Brady while repeatedly piercing my pork chop with a forked vengeance best served cold.

Related posts:

While Gov. Edgar's chief of staff, Kirk Dillard spoke with since-indicted Bill Cellini "a couple times a month"

Kirk Dillard's 2008 TV commercial for Obama

Technorati tags:

No comments: