Thursday, August 07, 2008

Barack talking about "That '70s Show?"



Barack Obama spoke in Elkhart, Indiana yesterday, and when he was asked by a seven year old girl (a plant?) why he's running for president, the 47-year old senator responded:

America is no longer what it could be..what it once was...and I say to myself I don't want that future for my children.

When was it better, Barack?--is what Brainster asks.

Was it during your late teens, when Jimmy "Malaise" Carter was president?

Elkhart is filled with "bitter" working class people, many of whom are, or were, employed in recreational vehicle factories. High gasoline prices have of course hurt the RV industry.

McCain will do well in Elkhart.

Technorati tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind me to ask that same question of every conservative who says the same thing as they too sometimes talk nostalgically of Americana...

Marathon Pundit said...

Check out Brainster's link for more.

Anonymous said...

I did. Hence my allusion to nostalgia John.