Tuesday, April 01, 2008

George Ryan endorses Barack Obama

The endorsement bandwagon continues for Barack Obama. This time it's a Republican, sort of, former Illinois Governor George H. Ryan, who is now incarcerated at the Federal Correctional Institute in Terre Haute.

I called Ryan last night, and he dropped the bombshell on me. He explained, "You know, conservatives always called my a RINO, a Republican-in-name-only, and I guess they're right."

Ryan added, "Since my imprisonment, I've realized that not only am I not a Republican, but I think the time is now for 'Change we can believe in.'"

More from the ex-governor: "That's why I'm for Obama. Plus, I'm only making pennies an hour here, and perhaps Obama can get me a raise."

For more on this breaking story, and to join in on other April Fool's fun, click here for McCain Mondays.

Have a wonderful April Fool's Day!

Technorati tags:
Digg!

2 comments:

pathickey said...

Too Funny! Rubes, that would just about make sense these days.

http://hickeysite.blogspot.com/2008/04/code-stupid-part-ix-obama-explain-isms.html

Anonymous said...

Great Balls of Fire George Ryan an Barrack Obama played games with the Teacher's Pension Funds to party all over the world. Ryan went to prison was still playing games after the FBI arrested him. See this article by Pringle
> This is an excellent article, Curtain Time For Barack Obama - Part I By Evelyn Pringle. You can see this page at: http://www.countercurrents.org/pringle150508.htm